Author Topic: Rules For Gyms and gym leaders (Johto)  (Read 4145 times)

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
Rules For Gyms and gym leaders (Johto)
« on: February 12, 2013, 09:55:02 pm »
Rules to gyms of course vary greatly however here are some rules ALL Johto gyms must oblige by(Most rules repeat that of kanto):

1. You may have no more than THREE challenges for your gym courses.

2. You may not limit weapon type, only material type. eg You may use no greater than stone weapons (allowing anything from a block, wood weapon, stone weapon, or a bow.) or iron weapons (everything listed previously + iron weapons (sword, axe) and unarmed.

3. If you log off DURING a challenge you do owe the challenger $500. this means if you leave with a challenger actually in the course, not someone saying "hey i challenge you"

4. You may allow a wait time to having someone re-challenging up to a max of 3 hours. The time has to be set, you cant make someone you dont like wait while allowing others to rechallenge directly after or with a shortened wait time. favoritism isn't cool.

5.If your gyms allow wolves, you may not have more than 5 wolves for your fight.

6. You ARE allowed to limit other things, such as items (enderpearls, food, potions ect.) and enchants(this means allowing or disallowing enchants, not specific enchant types, furhtermore you can say enchanted armor only, or enchant weapon only, but not enchant swords only ect.).

7.If the gym fight results in a tie, the challenger recieves the badge. Ties are impossible with death messages.

8. if the challenger dies, course or battle, you must return ALL of his items. (items falling in fire or lava of course cancels out this rule) Arrows Included

9. As a gymleader if you have any problems with your course or arena and want to remodel you must first have held the position for more than 1 week and than recieve admin approval for a remodel.

10. as a gymleader if you choose a co leader, you do not become the boss of him, you are each partners and cannot "fire" him if you decide you do not like him.

11.You cannot recieve payments for anything in your gym. example : nerfs of course, accepting challenges, selling badge. ect.

12. you cannot give out your badge to anyone who has not beaten you and your course.

13. If you are a gymleader and wish to get your own badge, you must challenge your co-leader, and do your own course prior to the fight, if you do not have a co-leader you may ask an admin to fill in as a gymleader for your challenge.

14. No Parkour

Im sure there are some things ive forgotten and i will edit later as i remember. anything anyone would like to add just tell me and ill edit it in.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 01:47:09 pm by 1cec0ld »
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Rules For Gyms and gym leaders (Johto)
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 09:58:21 pm »
Annie's gym has been 5 wolves and a feather since it started. Will this affect her gym? As it only uses wolves.

And what does this mean for Blackthorn course?

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 10:09:22 pm »
Annie's gym has been 5 wolves and a feather since it started. Will this affect her gym? As it only uses wolves.

corrected wolf ammount to 5, what about blackthorn course?
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 10:12:24 pm »
what about blackthorn course?

Blackthorn has at least 15 courses.

galSrKn

• Cool Trainer
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -13
  • Owner of the rare Enchanted Sword.
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:33:09 pm »

Blackthorn has at least 15 courses.
Correct, 15 courses which are the closest thing to impossible, you saw it for yourself oddy when you tried to help me pass that white/black wool maze with ladders. And yea what about Anniiee's gym, its rules are 5 wolves and feather ONLY, will this affect her too?

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 12:15:18 am »
And yea what about Anniiee's gym, its rules are 5 wolves and feather ONLY, will this affect her too?
corrected wolf ammount to 5

The feather doesn't break any rules as far as I'm concerned.

Omastar

• PokeFan
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 7
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 04:09:58 am »
12. you cannot give out your badge to anyone who has not beaten you and your course.

Each challenger has to complete the course to earn the badge - does this mean no nerfs?

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 05:58:43 am »
Each challenger has to complete the course to earn the badge - does this mean no nerfs?
  No, its just clarifying you cant just give out your badge cause u feel like giving out a  badge to a buddy or dont feel like taking a challenge ect. giving a nerf is fine.

the wolf ammount is 5 i corrected it already, and i will look into blackthorn gym

galSrKn

• Cool Trainer
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 05:48:30 pm »
Oddy I don't think you understood my question, aniiee only allows feathers, and you cant use unarmed,axes,swords or bows. And you said that gym leaders can't restrict type of weapons, only material they are made of.

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 07:13:03 pm »
Oddy I don't think you understood my question, aniiee only allows feathers, and you cant use unarmed,axes,swords or bows. And you said that gym leaders can't restrict type of weapons, only material they are made of.
and hers are made out of feathers

galSrKn

• Cool Trainer
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 07:18:59 pm »
So weapons are made out of feathers... then why can't you use unarmed? You don't need to craft it, so it should be usable....

Omastar

• PokeFan
  • Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 7
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 07:33:38 pm »
So weapons are made out of feathers... then why can't you use unarmed? You don't need to craft it, so it should be usable....

The damage done by a feather, and any other block (such as dirt) is absolutely minimal. It is this way so that the wolves you bring in to your battle do most of the work.

With the current tier system for gym battles, unarmed is on par with iron weapons

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 07:58:47 pm »
The damage done by a feather, and any other block (such as dirt) is absolutely minimal. It is this way so that the wolves you bring in to your battle do most of the work.

With the current tier system for gym battles, unarmed is on par with iron weapons
well put sir

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 06:00:58 pm »
Just a reminder that arrows are part of the challenger's equipment. Failure to return them is a breach of rule 8.