Author Topic: Worldguard - Fixing the Acrobatic trainers  (Read 6157 times)

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Team Rocket Agent
Worldguard - Fixing the Acrobatic trainers
« on: May 24, 2013, 08:40:05 am »
Is it possible to code Worldguard so that if a player takes lethal fall damage (so they die due to fall damage) around 3-5 times within the last 1-3 minutes that a warning gets displayed on their screen "Suicide training any MCMMO skill is in direct violation of the rules, you have been warned!".  This would help stop those from suicide training acrobatics, or just add the rule to the list of rules.

I just finished learning about Worldguard and from what I learned, this seems possible.

Ad...

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: Worldguard - Fixing the Acrobatic trainers
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 09:29:58 am »
Is it possible to code Worldguard so that if a player takes lethal fall damage (so they die due to fall damage) around 3-5 times within the last 1-3 minutes that a warning gets displayed on their screen "Suicide training any MCMMO skill is in direct violation of the rules, you have been warned!".  This would help stop those from suicide training acrobatics, or just add the rule to the list of rules.

I just finished learning about Worldguard and from what I learned, this seems possible.

I could quite easily do this in ModDamage, and it wouldn't require editing the source code of a plugin.

Theres the auto announcements though. People should read them, and if they don't, its their bad luck if/when they get banned for offence.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 09:34:55 am »
I could quite easily do this in ModDamage, and it wouldn't require editing the source code of a plugin.

Theres the auto announcements though. People should read them, and if they don't, its their bad luck if/when they get banned for offence.

Is there one stating the rule about suicide training?  If there is then I missed it lol.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 09:59:14 am »

Is there one stating the rule about suicide training?  If there is then I missed it lol.

Its more broad than that, but yes.

teenozoom77

• PokeManiac
  • Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -24
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 10:09:36 am »
mcmmo doesnt give exp for leathal drops so if you had feather falling IV and you fell and had half a heart you get no exp
This is what i got when i tried it again

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 10:11:40 am »
mcmmo doesnt give exp for leathal drops so if you had feather falling IV and you fell and had half a heart you get no exp
However people already have gotten 200 levels in a day by suicide dropping.  I don't know how, so i'm going to assume the random chance of "roll" or "graceful landing" provided this.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 10:35:18 am »
However people already have gotten 200 levels in a day by suicide dropping.  I don't know how, so i'm going to assume the random chance of "roll" or "graceful landing" provided this.

I know how, I did it at one stage

The question then comes, if this is implemented, would there be automatic punishments, or just a constant stream of warnings which will inevitably be ignored.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 10:46:14 am »
I know how, I did it at one stage

The question then comes, if this is implemented, would there be automatic punishments, or just a constant stream of warnings which will inevitably be ignored.

If they are ignored the admin's and mods would be notified cause they see the chat log for that user correct?  Ban, and have more proof for your post that you make in the punishment/ban thread.  Or you could add a punishment to the notice, but the issue is perhaps they are actually dieing so consistently due to actual chance, and doesn't deserve a punishment.  I still think it would be more fair to leave the punishment to the admins/mods, that catch them.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 11:06:40 am »
If they are ignored the admin's and mods would be notified cause they see the chat log for that user correct?  Ban, and have more proof for your post that you make in the punishment/ban thread.  Or you could add a punishment to the notice, but the issue is perhaps they are actually dieing so consistently due to actual chance, and doesn't deserve a punishment.  I still think it would be more fair to leave the punishment to the admins/mods, that catch them.

I've seen instances where someone has died 4 or 5 times in a row attempting to collect their items down a hole or cliff.

I monitor the behaviour I see and act upon it, death messages aren't 100% reliable in these circumstances.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2013, 11:22:43 am »
I've seen instances where someone has died 4 or 5 times in a row attempting to collect their items down a hole or cliff.

I monitor the behaviour I see and act upon it, death messages aren't 100% reliable in these circumstances.

Exactly this way it can monitored, and recorded even better.  Also provides the ones that are actually breaking the rules a warning to act on.  This way when they are convicted, they can't just say "Well I never knew it was against the rules and isn't listed in the rules" to get out of it, and no "If you have read other threads then you would have noticed that it is against the rules that someone broke before", cause why should a new player take the time to read the threads that have been long forgotten? Waste of time when you it should really be listed in the rules.

This way it avoids it all, cause then if they are suicide training, get the warning, and continue.  They can be banned, and take a full proper punishment over getting excused due to negligence, or getting punished a full punishment while making the admins/mods look unprofessional cause they wanna bring up past issues.  On top of it all, it also means the admins/mods don't have to update the rules.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2013, 03:55:08 pm »
You would rather we create a notification to moderators (in addition to death messages) and create a system to warn players (that wont be read or heeded) instead of just editing 1 rule in rules and announcements?  :O_o:

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2013, 03:56:56 pm »
You would rather we create a notification to moderators (in addition to death messages) and create a system to warn players (that wont be read or heeded) instead of just editing 1 rule in rules and announcements?  :O_o:

Or you can update the rules right now to destroy the confusion, and ignore the alternative.

FateandDestiny1

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -17
  • Cleadon Leader, Pokefan.
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2013, 09:18:22 am »
I do this all the time but I never died o.o
I just used gold apps xD
- one of the three people who got all kanto badges before reaching over 250 stats in a combat level.
- Blackthorn leader.
- saw duck look at Tene's panties lol.