Author Topic: MobsInGrass!  (Read 16395 times)

jassassin11

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -28
Re: MobsInGrass!
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2012, 11:39:12 am »
Except it isn't. It's like, 9 ingots or something.
wahooo i no longer have to mine XD
Completely a fan of anvils :3

Ad...

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2012, 12:34:51 pm »
ultimate iron ingot farm XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz5Ksb69MMA&feature=related

First I was iffy about villager eggs. Now I'm 100% against.

:trollface:

1ce, first off:
The player can add buildings to a NPC Village to cause more Villagers to spawn there. The requirements for a building are as follows:
 Must have a door.
 Must have a solid roof of any kind of solid block aside from blocks such as iron bars or glass panes(Tested on 1.2.5, works in over 20 different cases in a designated area)
 Buildings may be constructed out of most kinds of blocks provided that they were placed there by the player.
 Must have a 3X3 space inside to be counted as a house. I.e, the building itself must be 5X5 including walls.
 To properly register each door as a house, a villager must be within a radius of 16 blocks horizontally and 3 to 4 blocks vertically of it. Houses may unregister as houses if     there are no villagers within range for a period of time.
 Each door successfully registered as a house counts as 35% of a villager, meaning that every 3 registered doors produces a villager and every 20 registered doors is an  additional villager. 21 doors will make 8 villagers.

Second, look at the rates for trading. http://i.imgur.com/0oitJ.png

Anonymouslyanon

• Hoenn Head Builder, Official House Auditor
  • Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 24
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2012, 06:42:47 pm »
Except it isn't. It's like, 9 ingots or something.
wahooo i no longer have to mine XD

Except they don't spawn as much as they used to.

Ichikunjii

• Underground Passage-Horizontal
  • Friendliness: 3
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2012, 06:47:00 pm »
Also 1ce, to support the fact you can't really abuse villagers. What you saw there was an example of a mob grinder if you catch anyone using it as a grinder they can be banned correct?

However, what if people used it but LEGITIMATELY killed them as in with bow arrow fist etc would that be legal/fair?
[url

Anonymouslyanon

• Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2012, 07:00:08 pm »
Not really fair unless they can attack you.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2012, 08:28:17 pm »
Also 1ce, to support the fact you can't really abuse villagers. What you saw there was an example of a mob grinder if you catch anyone using it as a grinder they can be banned correct?

However, what if people used it but LEGITIMATELY killed them as in with bow arrow fist etc would that be legal/fair?

Item grinders have been legal since day 1. It's just mcmmo and money that we dislike being abused, which is exactly what would happen if people did it by hand instead of lava. So your idea is worse.

ultimate iron ingot farm XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sz5Ksb69MMA&feature=related

First I was iffy about villager eggs. Now I'm 100% against.

:trollface:

1ce, first off:
The player can add buildings to a NPC Village to cause more Villagers to spawn there. The requirements for a building are as follows:
 Must have a door.
 Must have a solid roof of any kind of solid block aside from blocks such as iron bars or glass panes(Tested on 1.2.5, works in over 20 different cases in a designated area)
 Buildings may be constructed out of most kinds of blocks provided that they were placed there by the player.
 Must have a 3X3 space inside to be counted as a house. I.e, the building itself must be 5X5 including walls.
 To properly register each door as a house, a villager must be within a radius of 16 blocks horizontally and 3 to 4 blocks vertically of it. Houses may unregister as houses if     there are no villagers within range for a period of time.
 Each door successfully registered as a house counts as 35% of a villager, meaning that every 3 registered doors produces a villager and every 20 registered doors is an  additional villager. 21 doors will make 8 villagers.

Second, look at the rates for trading. http://i.imgur.com/0oitJ.png

What youre telling me is, its already easy to make villagers, so why would I make it easier?

Not really fair unless they can attack you.

True, otherwise its known as a  Arceus -grinder

Ichikunjii

« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2012, 08:56:11 pm »
Ugh, 1ce just shit on me as always.

Hopefully you can figure out something because I don't want a feature like villager trading to go. Maybe you can find a plugin to maybe tweak the trading with villagers so it is not OP?
[url

Anonymouslyanon

• Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2012, 09:03:29 pm »
There are a few ways to do this whole villager trading thing.
-Give an egg away during an event.
-People who find the admin shops may buy one villager egg, and only one.
-Ace or Master Donators are automatically given one villager egg.
No one can have more than one villager. People found with more than one villager will have all of their villagers killed and may not recieve another one.
not really the best suggestions but whatever

Ichikunjii

« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2012, 09:18:03 pm »
Event is fair,

Admin Shop and one egg only, seems a BIT FAIR, but they might have to sell it manually in order to do that.
Ace/Master I think it should be 1 villager per person so it wouldn't really matter if they bought it.

[url

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2012, 11:54:25 am »

Item grinders have been legal since day 1. It's just mcmmo and money that we dislike being abused, which is exactly what would happen if people did it by hand instead of lava. So your idea is worse. Wrong
Its not worse. Its better because the person killing them can still take damage if they're using Axes/Swords/Fists its essentially like hollowing out a giant room and killing mobs there

Anonymouslyanon

• Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2012, 01:39:00 pm »

Item grinders have been legal since day 1. It's just mcmmo and money that we dislike being abused, which is exactly what would happen if people did it by hand instead of lava. So your idea is worse. Wrong
Its not worse. Its better because the person killing them can still take damage if they're using Axes/Swords/Fists its essentially like hollowing out a giant room and killing mobs there

Not really. It's possible to make it so you can hit them, and that they cannot.

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2012, 03:43:26 pm »
Yes but then its a pseudo  Arceus  grinder. But if you dont do that, there shouldnt be anything wrong with it

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2012, 04:12:11 pm »

Hehe. Better than what?
Better than a simple item grinder that has no mcmmo possibilities and no money abuse possibilities?
Are you saying that creating a grinder for items, and then applying it by killing the mobs with your own power, and gaining MORE than just items with it, is better than an item grinder that is completely automated? Think first, "wrong" second.

CalDaBeast

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: 0
  • Plugin Developer and VoxelHoenn Head Builder
    • VoxelWiki Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2012, 09:16:14 pm »
Paradox, 15 ticks is less than a second (20ticks per second). How is that of any use? :P
-CalDaBeast
 Plugin Developer
 Head Builder of VoxelHoenn

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2012, 09:43:20 pm »
Paradox, 15 ticks is less than a second (20ticks per second). How is that of any use? :P

Not 15 ticks in minecraft.