Author Topic: RunningShoes  (Read 9533 times)

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
RunningShoes
« on: May 27, 2012, 11:36:30 am »
This is one that I thought of off the top of my head and finished it in two days or so, very simple:

RunningShoes: The effective way of getting around!

Tired of having to keep double tapping the run button for sprinting? Tired for sprinting levels going down so quickly? NO MORE! With RunningShoes, you're only a few commands away from this never bothering you again!

/run: Sends you a friendly message reminding you that you put on your running shoes! Now, whenever you move somewhere, you will be in sprinting mode, no need to double tap or anything! Your hunger will decrease at a much slower rate than normal sprinting would, so you can sprint for long periods of times.

/walk: Sends you a friendly message reminding you that you took off your running shoes and all goes back to normal! Sprinting will now decrease your hunger as normal.

---
Thoughts? I think we should make it a donator perk but I want to hear what you guys think. It's ready for deployment on admin approval.

Ad...

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
Re: RunningShoes
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 01:26:35 pm »
/bike - 1.5x faster than /run - Ace Donator

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 01:47:53 pm »
Yeah, I can do that. I can also make it so that when you wear a certain type of shoe it automatically makes you run faster. Like anytime you wear leather boots, you automatically run.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 03:25:08 pm »
Okay, it's finished so that when you wear leather boots, you will activate /run automatically and when you take them off, it automatically does /walk. So no needs for commands anymore.

MasterAssassin82

• Idiot who bumps teh bump thread
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: -73
  • Sinnoh Head, Unova Builder, Hoenn Ex-Builder!
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2012, 03:38:44 pm »
Maybe make it so that running slowly takes away money or something, because it seems like it would be a really cheap way to win in pvp doesn't it?

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2012, 03:53:34 pm »
Maybe make it so that running slowly takes away money or something, because it seems like it would be a really cheap way to win in pvp doesn't it?

You would think that at first but think about this:

1) both parties have the ability to sprint. One just doesn't need to double tap their button and just does it for longer
2) The party with the RunningShoes is wearing leather armor boots. That's a huge disadvatage towards someone who would be wearing diamond.

Seems like it balances out, it's not meant for PVP. You're trading out a huge lack of armor for just sprinting which anyone can do anyways.

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2012, 07:17:30 pm »
I like. And /bike would be awesome for AceDonator+
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2012, 07:51:28 pm »
/bike should require a minecart in the inventory and will put it in the boots slot of the armor. /walk, if detects a minecart in the boots slot, should take the minecart out too.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 11:02:08 pm »
/bike should require a minecart in the inventory and will put it in the boots slot of the armor. /walk, if detects a minecart in the boots slot, should take the minecart out too.

Really like the sound of that

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2012, 01:17:35 am »

Really like the sound of that
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

Nightroado

• Underground Passage-Horizontal
  • Friendliness: 1015
  • Legendary
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 10:29:40 pm »
Sounds awesome. I like the idea of /run being a donator perk and /bike being a bigger donator perk. 

The leather shoes idea is lame. Wanna run with the big dogs? Donate.
[url

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2012, 10:45:07 pm »
Sounds awesome. I like the idea of /run being a donator perk and /bike being a bigger donator perk. 

The leather shoes idea is lame. Wanna run with the big dogs? Donate.

The leather shoes would still be for donators only. Meaning if you put on leather shoes and you're not a donator, it acts as normal. This just creates a more actual feeling of having the shoes on and off. It also allows nerfs it a bit so you need to give up some armor protection (just a small amount) in comparison to diamond in a PVP battle.

Nightroado

• Legendary
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 10:49:42 pm »
I get it, but look at it this way. The purpose of this plugin was to make something easier. And you never took off your shoes in a pokemon game.
[url

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 08:12:25 am »
The equivalent of taking your shoes off is not running. You couldn't run inside. And also, running makes your hunger go down slowly so you'll want to be able to toggle that in some way so you don't run yourself to death.

Nightroado

• Legendary
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 06:46:47 pm »
Great idea, terribly implemented.
[url