Author Topic: Where the hells the admins!  (Read 5189 times)

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -18
  • HELP I'VE GOTTEN TOO INTO ANIME AND I'M GROSS
Re: Where the hells the admins!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 07:16:24 pm »
Yeah, i feel the mods should get more commands that you would normally need only an admin to give you. Such as banning or being able to remove badges.
You have the most awesome server ever 1cec0ld you just need people to actually run it.
For the record we have 5 admins which is a lot considering we average about 20 online per day now. The problem is the admins just have busy lives. 1ce is really an amazing admin, who takes his time out of his busy schedule to manage a server. The fact that he has time to go school and work should be tiring enough.
#Thanks1ce

Ad...

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 08:02:01 pm »
Are there not enough mods? Correct me if I'm wrong but what you are listing as needs for help don't really need an admin. Personally I don't think the admins should have to do much more than help with server glitches, testing new plugins, and general behind the scenes stuff anyways. Now if the concern here is for the need of more mods I think that should be what you are asking for. Not just harping on the admins for not doing enough. Just sayin
The only thing the mods really can't handle is donations, ranks, and like War said, plugins. And for donations and ranks, you just have to learn to be patient. Staff are people too and they have lives of their own.
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Gavi

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -5
  • Blast Burn!
    • pokemonserver.net/forum
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2014, 09:58:48 pm »
Hello and thanks for reading this post.

Basically with this server becoming popular and fun to play again I want to actually get some stuff done which requires an admin to be on.

But in over 2 weeks I have never seen any admin (or even a mod for that matter) on the pvp server.

Theres soo much I need to do heres a short list.........

Get a repairsign installed
buy a new shop
challenge the elite 4/champion

Im always checking for admins or mods to get this done but.... no avail
At least for challengeing the elite 4 couldnt there be another way we could undertake those challenges because Ive been wanting to challenge them for ages now also I want to purposly loose my badges to have fun beating all the gyms again :)

Oh and while im at it could I please claim the cianwood gym again all the gyms in kanto are taken and all the leaders in them are like 5 year olds with that fancy toy and wont let anyone be a co leader :) <(-_-)>
I need mah champion rank C:

rockittt

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -4
  • Mr Smith!, Mr Wesson... Glad you could make it!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 05:57:42 am »
Are there not enough mods? Correct me if I'm wrong but what you are listing as needs for help don't really need an admin. Personally I don't think the admins should have to do much more than help with server glitches, testing new plugins, and general behind the scenes stuff anyways. Now if the concern here is for the need of more mods I think that should be what you are asking for. Not just harping on the admins for not doing enough. Just sayin

Only the admins can do what I just said, apart from referee elite matches, theres not much mods can do regarding this.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 08:48:59 am »
Own a gym
get a house
get a repairsign installed
challenge the elite 4/champion

And I am definitely agreeing with stuff junk, you need to hire more staff :) especially as this server is getting more players than ever since you launched the pixelmon server.

You have the most awesome server ever 1cec0ld you just need people to actually run it.

Own a gym: mail me/tene with :: the gym name and you're set. We can add permission nodes to offline players and change the sign ourselves. (Different for pixelmon, where yes, we do need to see your pokemon in person).
*Co-own a gym: get the current leader to mail me/tene with the gym name and the co-leader applicant's full name. We can add permission nodes to offline players and change the sign ourselves. (Different for pixelmon, where yes, we do need to see your pokemon in person).
get a house: We have this on the pixelmon server, and it is planned for release with the build server. All houses are planned to be automated buying and selling one day. The system isn't perfect yet, but my fingers are crossed.
get a repairsign installed: I wish I could automate this, but there is no way for an external plugin to check if a player has build permission at a location. However, mailing me/tene with the exact coordinates of the sign you wish to be a Repair sign would do the trick. We can change signs and deduct from your money without you online.
challenge the elite4/champion: Yay we finally found one that we need a moderator to be online for. I have no problem letting moderators use the command to remove all 8 badges, I'll talk to tene about it.

For the record, our average playerbase about a year ago was around 30 at a time. Sometimes 40. The pixelmon server did nothing to boost our population, and we are no more stressed than we used to be. We only have 2.5 active admins, and for 20 people at a time, that's really enough, especially when 2 of them have constant access to the server chat via IRC.

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 08:41:01 pm »
Or in tene's absence we can get a trial admin :D

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 11:51:00 pm »
Or in tene's absence we can get a trial admin :D

Last time we had Trail mods, Cassy became Mod . . .

Trail admins would be a even more worse idea

Sweaty

• Penis
  • Dragon Tamer
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2014, 12:07:04 am »

I was think of there being someone who the admins trust a lot. Such as Daanor or Prod.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2014, 12:21:36 am »

Do your teachers a favor and learn the difference between a trail and a trial.