Author Topic: "Pokémon changed so much I hate it!"  (Read 8812 times)

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Re: "Pokémon changed so much I hate it!"
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2013, 09:36:17 am »
your rival is your friend in r/s/e and in d/p/pt

I was about to mention that too.

Ad...

Duckox

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -20
  • Never again shall they under-estimate Uncle Quack.
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 09:39:24 am »
Yeah, I miss jerk rivals. It somehow makes you feel better when you defeat a jerk rival.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 05:26:55 pm »
Yeah, I miss jerk rivals. It somehow makes you feel better when you defeat a jerk rival.

I feel indifferent.

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2013, 06:24:59 am »
Remember how you use to name your Rival Douche just to get payback on him xD

Ye i miss Jerk rivals

Lucasrx

• Dragon Tamer
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: 14
  • Rare Candy Son, Because Obama Cares.
    • Kongregate.com
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 09:13:15 pm »
I think i'll stick with Pokemon Pinball.
Zombie Kills: 31,000
Skeleton Kills:24,803
Creeper Kills:26,076
Spider Kills:21,500
Endermen Kills:1210

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2013, 03:02:40 am »
On a more amusing note:

He actually wrote this on his facebook page, and I had a good laugh. xD

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2013, 03:12:56 am »
On a more amusing note:

He actually wrote this on his facebook page, and I had a good laugh. xD

Saw that earlier. Is that an actual quote?

MinecraftWolf18

• Entering Viridian Forest
  • Friendliness: -2
  • Getting more money; Battling E4 w/ Amulet Coin >:)
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2014, 08:39:00 am »
What do you think about the above statement, have the Pokémon designs gone overboard? Do you still like the games?

Say generation one is your favorite. With awesome designs like Charizard, Cloyster, and Sandslash, it’s pretty hard to go wrong. The designs back then were plain and simple. Not full of these crazy markings and logos that litter today’s generation. In fact, the most notable marking was Arbok’s hood. Now it’s all about how much we can stuff into one pokemon until it’s overloaded with markings. It just makes the design look crowded and ugly. The Pokemon today hardly even look like Pokemon. It’s fine to put a few markings on a design, but there’s a limit.

Time to switch gears, let’s say that generation five is your favorite, with really cool pokemon like Gigalith, Zebstrika, and Zoroark. There’s a lot of detail put into those designs. Surely much better than those bland Pokemon all the Kanto fanatics are raving about. All those extra touches Game Freak puts on the Pokemon really brings out the factors that people look for. Generation one Pokemon don’t have anything on the detail work of Sigilyph. After all, if you can put more details on Pokemon, why not?

I would just like to say that comparing one generation to another is like comparing apples to oranges. You obviously have your favorite, but if someone doesn’t like one or the other, there’s no way of convincing that person to like the other. Let’s take a moment to look at each of the generations and the general vibe we got from the new pokemon.

Fast forward to today, and the quality of the graphics have skyrocketed. We went from a few colors on a sprite, to full 3D models. You can pack a pokemon full of crazy designs till it bursts. Because of this boost, and Pokemon’s grown popularity, that’s exactly what Game Freak is doing. This has created a rift in the fandom. The people who prefer the older, simpler designs, and the fans who prefer the newer, more detailed designs. I know the fandom isn’t this black and white, and that there are a lot of people who love all the designs, but for the sake of arguing we’ll just leave it at those two sides.

Arguments have popped up all over forums and various websites about which generation is best. The old fans point out Pokemon like Garbodor and Vanilluxe, and say how Game Freak is losing their creative vibe. Newer fans are pointing out Pokemon like Magneton and Muk, and say that generation one never really had much creativity in the first place. The funny thing about this, is that both sides constantly barrage the same pokemon. Almost everywhere the pokemon that are being put up for evidence are the same pokemon as another site with very little deviation. Garbodor and Vanilluxe will be insulted every day, while Gigalith and Zoroark stay virtually untouched. Same thing goes with Magneton and Muk, while Lapras and Sandslash are never pointed out by the opposition.

The truth is, each generation has its fair share of good and bad designs. The designs as a whole are changing, that much is certain. Very few designers have worked with Game Freak since the first generation. Whether or not you like where the designs are heading is up to you. Are the designs getting worse over time? I say no, but it’s up to you whether or not you’ll change along with the Pokemon.
Yes. Exactly. Its like the Apple company. They do crap to get even more crap. But, I do have to admit I like X and Y. Yes, there are even more pokemon, more stuff, MORE EVERYTHING, I wish we didn't have it. Yeah I just said that I liked it but.. :rant:
-Wolf

Watashi wa okami, inuka, kujira, neko, fukuro,-baya, sonotadesu!

(I am a wolf, dolphin, whale, cat, owl, horse and more!)

MrHeartGold

• Previously MrHeartGold, minecraft_matt01
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: -10
  • I'm watching..... You!
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2014, 10:46:16 am »
Personally I think the X and Y animations are really cool, but the story wasn't as good and I didn't feel the same way playing it like I did with the other games like platinum, b&w and b2&w2. I kinda wish they would add some link to the other regions and you could battle other champions. I think they took loads of time for the animation and not enough for the story. Overall I would give X and Y a 6/10, platinum being an 8/10 and b2&w2 a 9/10

PS: I wish they would have made the E4 and champion stronger for the next time you challenged them

MYMOM105

• Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Gym Leader
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2014, 03:49:53 pm »

You think? I haven't done any indepth research into it. What's different about it? And can I play it on the normal DS? I don't want to buy a whole new platform really but if it's that amazing...

It's for 3ds only but seriously GET IT NOW!!! It includes better graphics, awesome story, and a lot more fearures. As for the 3ds you should get one anyway. You can get some great games like Mario Kart 7 and soon to come out SSB4
6 Kanto badges
5 Johto badges
Former Cinnabar Leader 47 Wins 9 Losses
Former Member of The Elite 4
Former Co Leader of Pewter Gym
Current Fuchsia Leader

Sahaquiel_9

• Entering Lavender Town
  • Friendliness: -23
  • Lakweesha Muthafuckinisha Jones
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2014, 08:10:15 pm »
It's for 3ds only but seriously GET IT NOW!!! It includes better graphics, awesome story, and a lot more fearures. As for the 3ds you should get one anyway. You can get some great games like Mario Kart 7 and soon to come out SSB4
Don't forget Ocarina of Time, Link Between Worlds, Kid Icarus, and Bravely Default.
Former Viridian and Celadon City leader

Come on, Satan! Let's get sickening!

blazekein199

• Leaving Pallet Town
  • Friendliness: 0
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2014, 08:14:09 pm »
Don't forget Ocarina of Time, Link Between Worlds, Kid Icarus, and Bravely Default.
i should have waited for my 3ds to come, then i wouldn't have ocarina of time on the virtual console.     :(