Author Topic: Need event ideas  (Read 13563 times)

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
Re: Need event ideas
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2012, 05:24:34 pm »
ADMIN SPRINTER EVENT!!!!!
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Ad...

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2012, 05:27:44 pm »
Since you dont seem to want to talk in game I will ask here. In order to get the Hunger Games up and running we need a new MV world. We were hoping to use this: http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/the-survival-games-map-improvement-server-friendly-version/ as the base map and we would edit it to suit our needs. If you could do that, make a warp to the world, and give me and Prod access to it (with the same perm I have in Unova) that would be great. Thanks for all the help!  :)

The hassle, load, strain, and pointlessness of a new world compels me to say no. I don't even understand what caused this virus of a fad to arrive on our server, but until I find ANYTHING pokemon related about this, I refuse to go to such efforts to realize it. It goes in Kanto, or it waits until the world is open on which it is built. And why a stupid fad like this takes priority over building a pokemon region (CALLED UNOVA) is frankly beyond me.

Prodigy39

• Professor
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2012, 05:30:59 pm »
I'll make a schematic of it War, no hard shit
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2012, 10:56:57 pm »
I have an idea, in celebration of the Summer Olympics, we do our own pokemon server Olympics, it lasts a few days in real life, you qualify for specific events (like parkour, hand to hand combat, jousting, Boat Racing etc...) and if you're in the top spots of the qualifying rounds, you go and compete to be in the top 3 spots of your specified events (One can only, for example, have a total of 3 specified events) and if you place in the top 3, you get a "medal" (either bagdes+ or an unobtainable item) And at the end of the Olympics, you get credited for all of the medals you have (like, $500 for gold medals, $400 for silver medals and $300 for bronze medals) and the people with the most medals (value wise, scoring could be done in points, like gold=3 points, silver=2 and bronze=1) overall would get bigger amounts of money? Anyone like this idea?  :dbz:

Anonymouslyanon

• Hoenn Head Builder, Official House Auditor
  • Cerulean Leader
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 24
  • Lather, rinse, maim.
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2012, 11:17:02 pm »
It's a great idea, but the problem is that we would have it every four years if we're always going to do it whenever the real Olympics happen.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2012, 11:28:26 pm »
I have an idea, in celebration of the Summer Olympics, we do our own pokemon server Olympics, it lasts a few days in real life, you qualify for specific events (like parkour, hand to hand combat, jousting, Boat Racing etc...) and if you're in the top spots of the qualifying rounds, you go and compete to be in the top 3 spots of your specified events (One can only, for example, have a total of 3 specified events) and if you place in the top 3, you get a "medal" (either bagdes+ or an unobtainable item) And at the end of the Olympics, you get credited for all of the medals you have (like, $500 for gold medals, $400 for silver medals and $300 for bronze medals) and the people with the most medals (value wise, scoring could be done in points, like gold=3 points, silver=2 and bronze=1) overall would get bigger amounts of money? Anyone like this idea?  :dbz:

Hmm... i do like this one. The planning, complexity, and chance for rewards, along with its long term application...
I like.

Parkour, pvp i could see.
Boat racing and jousting, i've never seen in mc.
Although I could think of other games, such as dodgeball, maze running, racing, etc working. Try to come up with more of those type events we could put into it, and I'll see how I can develop it into something good.

It's a great idea, but the problem is that we would have it every four years if we're always going to do it whenever the real Olympics happen.

Pokemon took evolution, a process that takes 4 million years, and stuffed it into 7- 35 levels. We can shorten some counters.

Prodigy39

• Professor
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2012, 12:32:53 am »
The hunger games was a success. Mario was our first winner.
I approve

Tactic

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2012, 01:07:37 am »
Try to come up with more of those type events we could put into it, and I'll see how I can develop it into something good.
PvP events: hunger games, ctf (capture the flag), big tournament, spleef.
Racing events: race for the wool, parkour, mazes.
Mind games: guess who (who am I), quizzes etc..

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 01:09:41 am by Tactic »

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2012, 01:33:40 am »
PvP events: hunger games an event of its own already, ctf (capture the flag) possible, big tournament assumed to be included, spleef not sure how this is pvp but... it works.
Racing events: race for the wool what does this mean..., parkour, mazes.
Mind games: guess who (who am I) how would we implement this?, quizzes oooh i like this, like a history of the server quiz, and make it a race, reading signs and picking the right door, and slowing them down if they get it wrong and...  :evil: etc..

Tactic

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2012, 02:05:23 am »
PvP events: hunger games an event of its own already. Yeah I know the hunger games is already being held. What I meant is that we should include it in the "Olympics"
spleef not sure how this is pvp but... it works. Meh..
Racing events: race for the wool what does this mean... Race for the wool is a racing map where there are 2 teams racing for the wool. There are 3 wools near the end of the map. And there is 1 path for each team and both paths are the exact same. In both paths there are chests at the exact same spots with the exact same items (Armour, Variables, weapons, food etc..). The objective is to collect all 3 wools and to stop the other team from collecting the wool by using the items in the chests. If this doesn't explain it try searching it on google or watch some videos of people playing the map on youtube. ;D   
Mind games: guess who (who am I) how would we implement this? Guess who or Who am I is a game I used to play on my server with my admins. All the admins must be online. And any admin would say "Who am I" from 'Server', 'Broadcast', 'Announcement' or whatever, and the players would guess what admin is speaking. The 1st player to guess 5/10/15 (Whatever you want) admins correctly is the winner. I know the names are awkward lawl. I called it Who am I and the players called it Guess Who. You guys can call it whatever fits your preferences.
quizzes oooh i like this, like a history of the server quiz, and make it a race, reading signs and picking the right door, and slowing them down if they get it wrong and...  :evil: etc.. Yes, Yes, You got that right. :trollface:

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 02:09:22 am by Tactic »

Pengoony

• First Pokemon Given
  • Friendliness: 0
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2012, 01:23:35 pm »
How about recreating the events in the Pokemon series, like Team Rocket taking over radio tower? That'd be fun.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2012, 02:22:00 pm »
How about recreating the events in the Pokemon series, like Team Rocket taking over radio tower? That'd be fun.

My anime memory extends about as far as Ash getting the Volcano badge...

CKDavid

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 4
  • Like a boss
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2012, 02:32:31 pm »
He might mean game-wise, because Team Rocket takes over the Radio Tower in the game. Thing is there aren't many in game events I can think of that don't involve the bad guy teams...legendary Pokemon maybe?

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2012, 02:56:17 pm »
possible red v.s. blue recreation with team rocket and trainers?

Vitto

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • PWNZOR 3000
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2012, 05:08:30 am »
let everybody throw an enderpearl, the one who gets the longest distance wins.

Let everybody plant a tree, the tree that grows first wins.
[url