Author Topic: The Wild  (Read 3310 times)

Jeddeth

• Cool Trainer
  • Entering Mt Moon
  • Friendliness: 2
  • I sort of miss my enemies.
The Wild
« on: August 21, 2013, 09:38:26 am »
Ok I wanna keep this simple, me and I'm sure a lot of other people would like to see the wilderness added to the Pixelmon Server. The benefits of this goes all the way from Gym Leaders and Home Owners not wasting all of their gold on just buying blocks. Surely we could just turn off all mobs BUT Pokémon and then the economy isn't going to be ruined or anything. It just seems like the one thing stopping this amazing server from being so much more amazing. At the moment you'll be spending a 20th of your Home Price on one block to decorate it, and to me the argument that 'You don't need to decorate your homes or gyms' is just not true, would people love the PvP server as much as they do if you told all those creative gym leaders that they can't have a course or even an arena. I'd like to see Gym Leaders getting creative soon but the fact is they won't if they're spending as much as they're being asked to on building blocks.
So yeah, that's why I think having a Wild is a good idea.

"Prepare to be fucked by the long dick of the law."

Ad...

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Re: The Wild
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 09:39:41 am »
^

ZobTheSlayer

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -58
  • My dislikes are my likes. My likes are my dislikes
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 09:39:57 am »
2nd floor Celadon mart. That's all I'm gonna say

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 09:43:35 am »
Ok I wanna keep this simple, me and I'm sure a lot of other people would like to see the wilderness added to the Pixelmon Server. The benefits of this goes all the way from Gym Leaders and Home Owners not wasting all of their gold on just buying blocks. Surely we could just turn off all mobs BUT Pokémon and then the economy isn't going to be ruined or anything. It just seems like the one thing stopping this amazing server from being so much more amazing. At the moment you'll be spending a 20th of your Home Price on one block to decorate it, and to me the argument that 'You don't need to decorate your homes or gyms' is just not true, would people love the PvP server as much as they do if you told all those creative gym leaders that they can't have a course or even an arena. I'd like to see Gym Leaders getting creative soon but the fact is they won't if they're spending as much as they're being asked to on building blocks.
So yeah, that's why I think having a Wild is a good idea.

Pokémon has no wilderness, so neither does the server. They aren't wasting their gold on buying blocks, because what else is there to buy? Pokéballs, evolution stones, and healing items.
All mobs have already been turned off, theres a few stragglers, they're usually killed quickly.
If you're not prepared to spend a lot of money decorating your house, you'll never survive in the real world.

I don't understand the point you made about gym leaders. They will never get creative, theres way to many issues surrounding that.

Server is still in its early days, some things related to gyms may change, but for now they're staying as is.

Jeddeth

• Cool Trainer
  • Entering Mt Moon
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 09:48:39 am »
Zob, I'm aware it exists, but I'm not aware of anyone happy to buy blocks from it, theres no incentive to, which means theres no incentive to have a house or even a gym... And Tene I know it's very early days. Also I don't get what you mean by Gym Leaders will never get creative? That was my whole point, they won't because they can't. In the PvP server the incentive to be a Gym Leader was partly in the awesome ideas some of the Leaders had for Courses and Arena's!

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 05:11:53 pm »
Zob, I'm aware it exists, but I'm not aware of anyone happy to buy blocks from it, theres no incentive to, which means theres no incentive to have a house or even a gym... And Tene I know it's very early days. Also I don't get what you mean by Gym Leaders will never get creative? That was my whole point, they won't because they can't. In the PvP server the incentive to be a Gym Leader was partly in the awesome ideas some of the Leaders had for Courses and Arena's!

If theres no incentive to buy blocks, where does the incentive come that will make them dig for blocks instead?
I assumed you meant creative game mode, be specific.

Jeddeth

• Cool Trainer
  • Entering Mt Moon
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 08:58:22 pm »
No I don't mean game mode, I just mean they could at least gather wood, stone and building blocks with which to build a Course/Arena for their gym...

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2013, 01:59:00 am »
No I don't mean game mode, I just mean they could at least gather wood, stone and building blocks with which to build a Course/Arena for their gym...

They can buy it. In the games, theres no course, perhaps a challenge (a few battles which are avoidable and a small puzzle), but nothing of the sort as on the PvP server. Admin meeting tomorrow though, so feel free to bring up these topics.