Author Topic: PokePlug  (Read 3321 times)

gjgfuj

• First Pokemon Given
  • Friendliness: 0
PokePlug
« on: April 20, 2012, 02:22:18 am »
I am making this plugin for you guys.
This IS NOT a spells plugin, it works like this:

When you join, you can get a choice between the 3 starter pokemon, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander.
Each pokemon can learn special abilities. Because this is Not a spells plugin, the only moves that can be used outside of battles, are the HM moves. Just like the games. Anyway:
You only have 1 pokemon now, so it will be a good idea to get some more. To do that, you have to go to Tall Grass, which is good on this server, because there is tall grass where tall grass is in the games. Anyway:
You go to tall grass, and there is a possibility for a wild pokemon to appear. If so, a message will appear that says: "A wild {Name} Appeared." You then battle the pokemon via commands.
Say, you have a pokemon with tackle. to attack, you would type /battle 1, because the move is in position 1.
Once you do that, you have to have a poke-ball. They are a (hypothetical) item that costs money to buy from Poke Marts and such.
They do not actually go in your inventory, instead being stored in: /pokemon bag
To use one in battle, you type /battle ball pokeball or /battle ball 1.
Then, there is a random chance that the ball will catch the pokemon.
Please discuss any ideas so I can decide between freezing you in place, or going to a battle arena.

More to come.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 03:32:58 am by gjgfuj »

Ad...

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Re: PokePlug
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 03:20:26 am »
Good luck!

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 09:06:46 am »
Problem with battling via commands is there will be people endlessly standing still in grass trying to catch pokemon. It will loose the essence of minecraft.

Ichikunjii

• Underground Passage-Horizontal
  • Friendliness: 3
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 10:37:05 am »
Agree with Tene, and how would we be able to PvP with other players like this?
[url

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 11:35:09 am »
Agree with Tene, and how would we be able to PvP with other players like this?

Its called PokemonVPokemon so its still PVP

Ichikunjii

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 08:56:50 pm »
Wait wait 1ce I mean as in PvP meaning how would we use the Pokemon we "catch" to PvP with each other.
[url

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 11:13:11 pm »
Good luck.

gjgfuj

• First Pokemon Given
  • Friendliness: 0
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 01:41:02 am »
Well, I was thinking that maybe you would get teleported to an arena or something, but I am not really sure. PvP would probably be something like /battle start or maybe just an item that starts the battles when right clicking on someone. or maybe /pokemon challenge true would have you PvP with the closest person within 3 blocks or something. I really am not sure. give me ideas please!

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 12:15:29 pm »
wand-item: 341
line-of-sight: 20
##In minutes##
rebattle-time: 86400
##Uncomment to apply##
#flee-penalty-flat: 1000
#flee-penalty-percent: 10

Player walks through tall grass-player is frozen in place-battle message appears-player clicks wand item to start battle, or /run to skip.

Player sees another player 20 or less blocks away, and right clicks them with wand item-target is frozen-battle request appears from {sender} - target clicks their wand item to battle, or /flee by paying a flat or percent fee to sender.- if they cant pay the flat fee, they black out.
Attacker cant challenge them for 86400 minutes.

Ichikunjii

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 12:28:38 pm »
How ever I believe this would be a pain in the arse for people IF we keep MCMMO with this because lets say your just strolling along a route and your stuck in wild grass and don't know how to get out then thye kill you and :( my items are gone.
[url

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 12:34:09 pm »
How ever I believe this would be a pain in the arse for people IF we keep MCMMO with this because lets say your just strolling along a route and your stuck in wild grass and don't know how to get out then thye kill you and :( my items are gone.

We're ignoring this possibility for now, no further mention needed. McMMo doen't exist as far as this thread is concerned.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 01:01:26 pm »
I can code in Java but I'm too busy to make my own plugin. But here's my suggestion:

Similar to 1ce, when you walk in talk grass, there is a percentage chance you will "Run into a pokemon". It freezes you, and you go through the motions of "Battling a pokemon" or however that would be implemented. If you right click a trainer with a certain object, you enduce a fight. You are both warped to a certain preprogrammed arena where the fight ensues.  Very similar to 1ce's idea. Once again, I'm too lazy to program.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 01:12:46 pm »
Not sure I like the arena idea, not only is it more intensive for the plugin, but its not very Pokemon-y.
If you get caught on the route from Pewter to MtMoon, you don't fly to an arena to battle, you duke it out on the rough terrain right there.

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 01:47:49 pm »
But it actually DOES make it easier. If you duke it out there, someone else can join the battle just by hitting you. Then you have a three person battle. Then it just gets worse and worse. And you almost do get teleported. You don't fight on the terrain right there, you get shown a different screen.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 05:00:29 pm »
Different Screen is true, you may have something in that. But it's easy to stop an event if a battle is going on, its just like the slot machines when theyre already in use. (Fuck I still need to set those up)