Author Topic: Many basics about our server  (Read 18378 times)

bothehobo

• Leaving Pallet Town
  • Friendliness: -2
Many basics about our server
« on: February 09, 2012, 09:57:07 pm »
When getting started on this amazing server you are going to need to know a lot if you would like to make progress. This server has many things that will get some people confused. I will be explaining most of those these.

Rules
As most servers do this server has many rules that will end up how you play and think of this server.
1. Do not troll anyone no matter what age they are they should be treated nicely
2. Do not camp at mob spawners if you do stats will be reset for your character.
3. Do not use hacks of any sort we will catch you.
4. Do not build inside the map if you end up finding a loophole find an admin to fix it. (wilds and your houses are fine.)
5. Do not kill the same player more then 5 times per day it gets annoying if your just starting out.
6. Do not exploit admin creations such as the lottery plugin etc.
7. Do not film on this server machinima owns the rights to film here
Getting started
When first coming onto this server you will spawn in ash's house, (quick fact: this house is a 2x1 replica so is the entire map) Walk out and immediately read the main billboard. This billboard will have all the rules etc. After you finish that you probably want to become the best. To get there you are going to need to train your MCMMO stats. The server runs a plugin that gives you all sorts of different stats to make pvp and other skills different. There are many places you can train your stats before you pvp you might want to train in a non pvp area before you start to use MCMMO to your advantage. Having higher stats then your opponent will give you the upper hand. The main pvp stats are unarmed axes and swords these are all great skills to get used to. 

Shops and Money
There are many shops in this server from Mt. Mortar to the wilds. Shops can vary into any type of item in the entire game, Shops are made by using a sign and a single or double chest (format will be shown shortly) Shops are how most people make their money, the other way to make money on the server is to kill mobs each mob has a different amount of money the mob gives per kill. Even though shops can make you money it will cost you money to make one 50$ to be exact. Money can be used to buy from a player to playershops to pokemarts. When buying from a player you should make sure to know the economy of the server, i will list a few common items that will sometimes be overpriced (in stacks). Their are houses in the protected areas that you can put your items in and fell safe about them, when you have 5000$ you will be able to have one contact an admin to help set it up for you.

Iron ingots: can go from 450 coins per stack to 250 coins per stack
Diamonds: can go from 7k per stack to 3k per stack if you find the right person.

Format for shop signs

<name of player selling or buying the items>
<amount of items selling per right click>
< B (buying amount) : S (selling amount)
<Name of item>
There are many ways to exploit this plugin such as putting shops to give protection to your items.
-Edit 1ce Admins will delete these exploits if they are found and reported by players, and confirmed to be chest-locks.
If you find one you suspect, report it and you'll get to raid whatever's inside!

Badge system
One of the questions very many people ask on this server is how the badge system works, this is actually a very simple concept. No it is not a popularity vote or whoever is the most liked on this server it is particularly based on skill. To get badges simply say to a gym leader I CHALLENGE YOU (NAME OF GYM LEADER) not in caps of course. Then you will need to go through their gym with many different obstacles before you will fight the gym leader for the actual badge. The badges are unattainable items in the game so their is no other way to get them other then beating gym leaders. Once you get two badges or more and a power level over 100 (can find out by doing /stats in game) you can either become a gymleader at a abandoned gym or a co gym leader at a gym with only one gym leader, although they need to accept you first. When you have all eight badges you can challenge one of the elite four to try and take their rank as a elite four this is very hard to do.

Donation system
First of all you DONT pay for these perks you donate and we give them to you. My opinion on this donation system is it that is needs more ranks but that is just my opinion. When you donate 10 US dollars you will get the donor status. I will try and get all the commands that donors will have once they donate

Donor: Multiple homes, a nickname, the donor tag thats all i know since you guys do not have a thread on it add more if you would like.

Wilds
There are three wilds on this server that warp you to three different protected places, once you leave that protected place you can be killed or kill other people for their stuff. The wilds are an important place on this server where you can build (which may get greifed) mine, and gather resources. This is where most people store their stuff(raiding is allowed in the wilds) until they can afford to buy a protected house. The wilds are home to many of mobs where you can train your stats or earn money. Remember to be careful since someone can pop out of nowhere and kill you.

Stats
Im going to go further into stats as it is pretty important on this server.

Excavation: When you dig dirt/sand you will level this stat up, When you get This stat high enough you will get very rare items such as glowstone, cookies, and normal red apples.

Fishing: This is pretty self explanatory, When you fish and catch a fish it will add to your xp, although this can give you very rare items such as enchanted gear to music discs!

Herbalism: Another self explanatory one, When you harvest crops such as sugarcane wheat and melons you will earn xp for this skill and once you get it high enough you will get two grains of wheat instead of one

Mining: When you mine you will earn xp for this skill when you mine a certain ore you can get a chance to get more then 1 ore per block ( mining a iron ore block with a level 100 mining skill will give you a 50% chance of getting 2 ores instead of 1)

Woodcutting: when you cut down wood logs you will earn xp for this skill when having a high enough skill you will get 2 logs instead of 1

Axes/Swords/Unarmed: These all fall into the same category Axes will give a chance to have critical hits (deal double damage)Swords have a chance to obtain bleeding damage, unarmed has a chance to disarm your opponent.

Taming: You earn taming xp for taming a wolf and letting that wolf kill players/mobs The higher the taming level the more damage the wolf does

Archery: You will get xp for this skill by killing mobs with a bow and arrow, When you have a high enough level that arrow can become a flaming arrow which will set your opponent on fire

Acrobatics: You gain this skill by falling to the ground (Do not suicide train for this stat it is illegal) when having a high acrobatics you will have a higher chance to roll or graceful roll (activated by crouching)

Will add more when i can

« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:28:03 pm by bothehobo »

Ad...

Paradox

• Professor
  • Fighting Giovanni
  • Friendliness: 39
Re: Many basics about our server
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:08:15 pm »
I liked what you have so far written. If you write a more full-blown guide, I would love to stick it.

!MOVED

Equin0x

• Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 9
  • Hey! Whats up? :winkyface:
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 12:06:03 am »
Actually you gain nothing for camping mob spawners, no drops or anything. Still, good job :).
You hvae jsut been mwbdoilnn. Hvae a good day and tlel yuor fnidres!

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 05:31:37 am »
I will edit it as I see fit, and post what I did and where if I do. In addition, if you want more details on the rules, go to pokemonserver.net and click the Rules button. That's the first of the links that actually leads to something useful. More will come.
Good job trying to summarize in words something so complex as the server.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 05:36:11 am »
2 Lines added under Shops and Money.
Feel free to change the format, I just want that fact known if you're going to point out the exploitation.

bothehobo

• Leaving Pallet Town
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 07:45:20 am »
Perfectly fine by me I was going to add more with the badge system and the champ title.Then  a donation part.

EDIT: added stats and wilds and donations.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2012, 11:36:14 am by bothehobo »

CKDavid

• Friendliness: 4
  • Like a boss
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 08:35:49 pm »
I do believe you've forgotten the Repair skill.

bothehobo

• Leaving Pallet Town
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 03:47:08 pm »
Updated with stats, wilds, and donations

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 01:06:03 pm »
We should update this....
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 08:00:46 am »
Also need to update "News: Johto coming to a close. Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova just starting!

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 11:24:36 am »
Also need to update "News: Johto coming to a close. Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova just starting!
Ive noticed that too.

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 06:00:42 pm »
Not to mention the mcforums topic:POKEMON SERVER (KANTO DONE!/WIP-JOHTO/SINNOH/HOENN/UNOVA)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:20:43 pm by Okieskinny »

Rigby

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 04:55:13 am »
Not to mention the mcforums topic:POKEMON SERVER (KANTO DONE!/WIP-JOHTO/SINNOH/HOENN/UNOVA)
Someone needs to change that topic to POKEMON SERVER (KANTO & JOHTO DONE!/WIP- SINNOH/HOENN/UNOVA)

Ahmed

• Dragon Tamer
  • Friendliness: 8
  • Look into my eyes!
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 06:27:42 am »
Mhm and the new rule if banned: pay $10 to the server's paypal or work in a region in progress.