Poll

Do we need more staff?

No
3 (9.4%)
Yes
29 (90.6%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: [deleted]  (Read 18056 times)

Warmonger_2

• Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 4
Re: Staff. Now.
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 12:16:50 am »
Now put me in my place if I am wrong here but I feel like it can be hard for the admins to promote people to mod (possible trust and commitment issues). Would it be terribly difficult to break up the work a little more than just Admin and Mod? I mean like different levels within each. I mean we kinda have this already (1ce is what now?) and I don't think it would be a bad idea to make it more official and break up the work a little bit (and less possible trust needed for lower levels). Ya know like one person's only job in giving bank chests, another for homes, and so on. Maybe even having a leveling system (Probably too complex) where first level is one task, next level you can add another, and so forth. I dunno if this makes sense at all but just a though I figured I'd throw out there. Good day  :D
THE builder of Unova!!!

All fear the all powerful WARMONGER CLAN!!!

Le ocean maker.

Ad...

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 02:13:13 am »
(1ce is what now?)

I'm a conundrum. All the operational power of an admin and none of the decision making power. So I do things but I don't have to stress over the effect of the overall impact I have.

Darth225

• First Pokemon Battle
  • Friendliness: 2
  • Only the Dead have seen the end of War. - Plato
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2014, 02:59:33 pm »
1ce and Tene the reason we want mods is to deal with new players snapping at each other while people are playing the sever, here are some pictures as proof.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2014, 04:31:00 pm »
And at what point did you /ignore them?

Darth225

• First Pokemon Battle
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2014, 04:36:01 pm »
I'm trying help solve the chat issues, I'm trying to moderate when new players get on and trying to help them at the same time. When people fight it makes others not want to join and play the server, so whether someone tries to do something or the "admins" who are suppose to be there to solve problems do anything about this, you are basically forcing this server to die whether you or the community wants it to or not. So as of right now since no admins gets on when we have a peek point of players, it falls to the regular players to do the admins "jobs".

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2014, 05:01:06 pm »
Trying to imply some sort of patronizing won't work when you happily display your own attempts for all to see.

Lightning knock it off, now
it's a Girl Lightning
No. Snib who owns this server?
The owner of this server is Miosio
Not an admin Child
lilwaffles isn't a Admin

Line 1, while trying, is too rude to actually help the situation. It'll just inflame them more.
The rest aren't even relevant, it appears you gave up after one line.

1. Ask what their problem is
2. Determine if you can help solve it
3. If you can, try to do so
4. If you can't, or your attempt fails, politely ask them to take it to a /msg

Darth225

• First Pokemon Battle
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2014, 05:05:47 pm »
1ce either way you or the admin team need to respectfully get off of your asses and do something regarding this server. When even the community wants moderators to be assigned. Your vote poll is currently sitting at ten to two favoring the idea of people becoming moderators.

Envz

« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2014, 05:08:08 pm »
1ce, even you know what this server needs. Just take a quick glance at this poll and see what the people are saying. What we honestly want is some moderation on this server as it is clear that the admins can't be bothered to help the petty needs of the players. You've been doing their job for them this past week.

donutboy10

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: -5
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2014, 08:11:03 pm »
Mio has just stepped down from admin. Clearly, we need more staff, especially with this recent event. We shouldn't wait until the new maps come out, we need staff very quickly. I suggest adding 2-3 mods.

Darth225

• First Pokemon Battle
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2014, 08:21:51 pm »
Since another admin has stepped down, and the other two admins rarely do anything involving the server since Tene is busy and on late at night for players who live in the U.S. and Prod has school again since you made someone in high school an admin. This server is dying because of all of the avoidance by the admins, the server hasn't been alive for a year even and yet now we see less then ten players usually and very seldom we see more then ten, and at those points in the day there are no admins on to assist in any of the problems that appear once the new players appear. You've changed the rules regarding gyms when all you should have done was add Custom NPC's to the server to be the gym leaders. You have Gym Leaders who need to be timed out, but yet they still have their leader position's.

So your real only opinions now are Shut the server down if your not going to care for those who play it anymore.
Or you make people Moderators to deal with these problems while you admins are "busy" then you won't get bothered, and the "map" update is still at least weeks if not months to years away. So make your decision before this server dies completely.These two opinions are really the admins only choices.

In my personal opinion Mio was the servers only hope in staying alive, but now that she has resigned most likely a lot of the regular players will stop. Mio was the life of the server in my opinion, and honestly I believe I speak for most of the community when I say, Mio we all will miss you as an admin.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 08:28:53 pm by Darth225 »

Envz

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2014, 08:49:34 pm »
Talk to the community, admins, we know you see this.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:54:58 pm by Envz »

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2014, 08:56:36 pm »
Talk to the community admins, we know you see this.

Who are the "community admins"

Darth225

• First Pokemon Battle
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2014, 09:01:37 pm »

You know what he meant Tene.

Envz

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2014, 09:22:00 pm »

So this is what were left with, all we want to do is keep the server up, but you guys are making everything so fucking difficult.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2014, 09:40:39 pm »
You know what he meant Tene.

If I did that post would have been unnecessary.

So this is what were left with, all we want to do is keep the server up, but you guys are making everything so fucking difficult.

So what happened to the weekly community meetings? The ones that there was only one of. I might actually be inclined to promote people if they didn't give away locations of things that are supposed to be kept secret, spread exploits to gain pokemon and such, and basically tried to find every way around each preventative measure set up.