Yes
12 (80%)
No
2 (13.3%)
Kanto Only
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: February 09, 2013, 09:55:22 pm

Author Topic: harming potions  (Read 6683 times)

cabass

• Banned
  • Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: -39
  • Huntsman, if you need an assassin, just mail me.
Re: harming potions
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2013, 10:38:14 pm »
so basically, with the way this is now, I could walk into the e4 with my alt with no weapons no armor a few invis pots and all of my dmge pots and become the champion, no skills neccasary, I would ban them.

Ad...

blazequilava

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: -6
  • I'm a quilava with blast burn... I'M UNIQUE! :D
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2013, 10:38:19 pm »
Same here, I would ban the Harming potions because thats how most people fight in pvp and I got lazy against shish an pot spammed him :3. if it was banned I wouldn't do that XD. so I support The No Harming pots in elite fights. Tho I think we should keep the other pots just not harming ones.

[URL=http://imagesha

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2013, 11:07:47 pm »
The Johto elite is empty, and the champion is oPichuo. If potions were only allowed in Johto elite, it might be an incentive to get one of those positions. It'd also allow for a new generation of Kanto elites that aren't overpowered with extremely high stats.

hobo4chompy

• Fighting Your Rival
  • Friendliness: 1
  • The Lemon Law Its A Real Thing
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2013, 11:51:25 pm »
Dont Ban Harming Potions in E4 How am i suppose to Win >_> <_<

Jk Ye I say Ban Harm Pots

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 11:30:04 am »
I think it's an interesting problem but raises a big question: What do we want from  elite fights? Do we want who can do the most damage in the shortest amount of time? Do we want an epic battle? Do we want a fight that uses strategy, thought and intellect as well as bronze and hardwork? To eliminate potions, we have to break down what we want the champion to be. Does it take real skill to spam potions? Does that take blood and sweat and hours of training? Is that what we want our champion to reflect?

Like I said, interesting question. I'll be sure to bring this up at the admin meeting.
If I had it my way. It would be back to basics. Sword & Bow, No enchants (Maybe Protection Armor at the maximum)
Fights were much more fair when Sword & Bow was all you could really use. They took skill to win and it wasn't decided by who has the best enchants or the most potions.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 12:01:50 pm »
If I had it my way. It would be back to basics. Sword & Bow, No enchants (Maybe Protection Armor at the maximum)
Fights were much more fair when Sword & Bow was all you could really use. They took skill to win and it wasn't decided by who has the best enchants or the most potions.
It'd be nice if there were a reworking of rules on the new map. I'm working on trying to find a nice balance in terms of rules.

shishkabob97

• Turning Bill into a human
  • Friendliness: 5
  • POPCORN
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2013, 12:21:52 pm »
I feel like if we did that elite fights would end up being mostly running away from the opponent and would take forever to finish too. just my opinion.
im too lazy too make one of these :/

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2013, 12:24:39 pm »
I feel like if we did that elite fights would end up being mostly running away from the opponent and would take forever to finish too. just my opinion.
We do need longer battles though.

Barnitzn

• Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 3
  • Back again bitches!
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 03:12:28 pm »
I agree with Archie, having no enchants is a loss for you most of the time, even if you are the best pvp'er on the server and I think that enchants and pots make the fights a lot easier for you to win/lose it isn't about how good you are at fighting. We should just have dia axe, bow, food (no apples) dia sword, unarmed and a bow with enchanted(or not) Diamond armor
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 03:20:56 pm by Charizard ruler »
-EX CIANWOOD CITY GYM LEADER
-EX 4th JOHTO ELITE
-EX JOHTO CHAMPION!!!
-EX OLIVINE LEADER
-EX ERUTEAK LEADER
-EX VIRIDIAN LEADER

alexandred3

• Farewell SS Anne
  • Friendliness: 9
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2013, 04:05:20 pm »
I agree with Archie, having no enchants is a loss for you most of the time, even if you are the best pvp'er on the server and I think that enchants and pots make the fights a lot easier for you to win/lose it isn't about how good you are at fighting. We should just have dia axe, bow, food (no apples) dia sword, unarmed and a bow with enchanted(or not) Diamond armor
You're talking about having equal fights and yet you suggest using axes, which is one of the main problems of fights being unfair in my opinion. If you want fair elite fights where the best PvPer wins, remove McMMO. I don't look at potions as being unfair because both competitors can use them.

Barnitzn

• Exploring Rock Tunnel
  • Friendliness: 3
  • Back again bitches!
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2013, 04:58:19 pm »
You're talking about having equal fights and yet you suggest using axes, which is one of the main problems of fights being unfair in my opinion. If you want fair elite fights where the best PvPer wins, remove McMMO. I don't look at potions as being unfair because both competitors can use them.
I do agree that Axes are OP, but someone put more effort than others into training those axes up, I would not mind removing mcmmo for e4 fights, if both people use potions it takes away the skill of fighting (at least instant damage potions) even though it does take some skill to use potions more effectively than others.
-EX CIANWOOD CITY GYM LEADER
-EX 4th JOHTO ELITE
-EX JOHTO CHAMPION!!!
-EX OLIVINE LEADER
-EX ERUTEAK LEADER
-EX VIRIDIAN LEADER

Z4X3R

• Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: 0
  • we really out here
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2013, 09:26:35 pm »
How are axes op?

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 02:32:06 am »
Technically, Axes are only OP when enchants are involved. Axes have recently been nerfed to a stage where they are on par with Swords. Just remove enchants and maybe potions then everything will be fair.

Tenebrae

• Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2013, 02:49:40 am »
Technically, Axes are only OP when enchants are involved. Axes have recently been nerfed to a stage where they are on par with Swords. Just remove enchants and maybe potions then everything will be fair.
Sharpness axes... GG