Author Topic: Music, and Terrain in Kanto 3.0  (Read 2680 times)

Pichu

• Fighting Brock
  • Friendliness: 1
Music, and Terrain in Kanto 3.0
« on: February 18, 2013, 02:57:20 pm »
I found this video awhile back. You can see the mountains behind and around the cities, which I honestly think would make the map so much more nice, is it possible that we can do this in 3.0? or were we already doing it? Another suggestion is music, anyway we could have ambient pokemon music playing? like a plugin?

The video is here :
Kanto Preview - Pokecraft's Pokeworld project

Ad...

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Re: Music, and Terrain in Kanto 3.0
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 04:16:42 pm »
I like both ideas.
I DO know that around the time when Johto was being built, admins considered placing background music to routes - on a region basis. The only problem was that players needed Spout to hear the music.
I have no idea if this is still possible or how to do it, but I've heard OF it.

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 05:08:48 pm »
Terrain will be added when all the scaling is done, so its likely to be a last touch.

As for music, thats a harder one. I think Spout is still needed, unless I did a hacky MD approach that would probably triple the config size, and take multiple days to do.

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:37:25 pm »
Terrain will be added when all the scaling is done, so its likely to be a last touch.

As for music, thats a harder one. I think Spout is still needed, unless I did a hacky MD approach that would probably triple the config size, and take multiple days to do.

Terrain's being done in Sevii as I go along.

As for custom music, theres a plugin called custom music which requires downloading and running a client alongside minecraft that will download the music and play in certain regions. Though its kinda outdated...

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 03:45:11 am »
Custom Music or Spout...
I wonder which. I'll review our options when I get back from Art Day.
Bye  for now.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 01:42:13 pm »
In my opinion a few more days wouldn't hurt, we got almost all the time in the world I figure.

Another suggestion that personally bothered me, is that the Pokemon center does not have the "Beep. Beep. Beep, Beep, Beep! Dun, Dun."  Sound when healing.  I imagine we should build a pressure plate in front of the heal sign at each poke-center (or the one poke-center) connected to Note blocks, I can work on it if you want, I personally would love to :D.