Author Topic: Only a few things  (Read 2026 times)

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Team Rocket Agent
Only a few things
« on: April 05, 2013, 11:37:41 pm »
Hello, it's me again.  Pythonhier.  I'm probably getting annoying I know.  Just have to get this off my chest.  Just a few things I wanted to suggest.

1.  Please explain to everyone the difference from the Ban/Punishment forum to the Problems forum;

I find that people have begun to confuse the two forums and misplace some threads I would just like to clarify from what I noticed to be what these two sections are supposed to be used for. If I have the wrong ideaplease correct me.

The Ban/Punishment forum is a forum so that you can create a thread reporting when someone has done wrong or has done wrong to you.  For example someone is being rude to you on the server, you know of someone who destroyed your farm, killed your mobs, or killed your more then 5 times a day and it irritates you.  This thread is for reporting people you know about.  So when you create a thread you mention a name, and proof of their negligence to the rules.  It's not a thread for posting when you find your farm trotted on, mobs killed, protected base greifed, base filled with mobs/other entities, AND NOT KNOW WHO THE CULPRIT IS.

The Problems forum is a forum so that you can create a thread reporting when you have an issue or a problem that you can't solve or figure out on your own, for example when someone ninja'd your diamonds, trotted your farm, killed your mobs, filled your house with lava, and you don't have a name or proof of when the person doing it, but have the proof of its aftermath.  It's not a thread for posting when you have a problem with someone that broke the rules and you expect punishment or judgement, AND KNOW WHO THE CULPRIT IS.  Yes it's a "Problem" but there is a separate  forum for punishment inquiries for when someone you know and have proof of for breaking the rules.

2. Revamp the rules;

One in specific needs to be fixed, and explained in a broader view.  The rule on hack clients and bots.  It needs to specify what kinds of tools are allowed and what kinds are not.  It needs to also be added the unwritten rule that a hack client is forbidden on your Minecraft when on the server, so people don't get confused with having it and not using it, or having it and only using it for non pvp/gaming reasons like video.

It wouldn't hurt to just touch up other rules in case other loop holes are found and create more confusion.  Having a hard set of rules, presenting a full understanding may be long, but worth it.

Add the new rules, for example; Scamming is now illegal, and a fine definition on scamming.

3. I had a third but it's late and I'm tired, and forgot it while I was typing the other two.

So please look this over, and discuss it, if I'm wrong tell me so, I'm open to criticism.  I'm not trying to sound controlling, I'm just an organized freak, please understand that.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:41:32 pm by Pythonhier »

Ad...

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
Re: Only a few things
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 04:31:13 am »
www.pokemonserver.net/rules.php

That does have a decent definition on scamming. As for the hacks/mods/bots/etc I'll see what I can think up.
What I hope to have one day is a set of rules something like this: http://www.ecocitycraft.com/wiki/index.php?title=Server_Rules

But that would take a disgusting amount of time and effort, something I personally don't have much of, nor do the other admins, and we definitely don't have it at the same time as the other 3 do.

Tactic

• Ninja
  • Professor Assistant
  • Underground Passage-Vertical
  • Friendliness: 14
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 06:11:30 pm »
My instincts say that Python will post next.

Pythonhier

• Fighting Misty
  • Friendliness: -9
  • Team Rocket Agent
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2013, 06:43:05 pm »
That looks great!  However updating the rules on the server, and forums would prove to be even greater since they are more popular then the initial site.  I would imagine anyways.  Regardless just a suggestion.