Author Topic: Unbearable Lag  (Read 7519 times)

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
Unbearable Lag
« on: October 23, 2012, 04:36:32 pm »
I have been putting this off because I don't want to cause a load of controversy and discussion but I have to finally express my frustration with our current host. Hexacyanide is a great guy and above that, Im sure that 1ce is right when he says he is very experienced and intelligent with hosting servers and websites as a whole. However there comes a time where we as a community have to draw the line. I've spoken with a LOT players about the insane lag spikes which frequently occur when playing on the server. I for one suffer incredibly badly. For example, on sunday night I was unable to talk or interact with the world, anything I did do would take effect minutes after I had done the action.
Some people will say that they don't experience lag to an extent where they feel the need for a new server host.
Well i'm going to draw the line and say that i've had enough. I love this server to bits and it kills me to not be able to play properly on it.
I share the same thoughts as many others including Miosio, Doomfollower, Ali, TA, Emolga, Soras, Aaronpieters666 etc.

We need a new host quickly. I beg of somebody to bring this huge issue up during the admin meeting as it is urgent for people like us.

Feel free to express your own experiences with this.

Ad...

SorasAngel

• Entering Viridian Forest
  • Friendliness: -6
  • The Angel of Hell
Re: Unbearable Lag
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 04:40:49 pm »
Thanks you =P
http://www.dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]http://www.dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][img

Naztan

• First Pokemon Given
  • Friendliness: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 04:43:12 pm »
I do agree with this as i do not play pokemon server a lot, but that is because of this MAJOR Lag problem!

Doomfollower

• Vermilion Leader
  • Leaving Pallet Town
  • Friendliness: 4
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2012, 04:43:34 pm »
I agree, Most servers i never lag on at all, and i never used to lag  on this server, but i can barely say on for a few minutes now.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2012, 04:56:43 pm »
Me no lag

Edit: Nvm me lie
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 05:15:55 pm »

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2012, 05:28:32 pm »
Refer a new host.
When we keep lagging with them too, I'm going to bump this topic until your eyes bleed.

Rigby

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2012, 06:27:23 pm »
There's Beastnode, and then you know you can look for yourself.
Oh wait.
I'm the only one who did that, wasn't I?
So get off your lazy butt and try and fix the server.
(Yes, I still hate Hexacyanide with a passion and want him to burn in a fire)

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2012, 06:40:22 pm »
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Fix the server? You want to know my solution for this lag? You REALLY want to know what I've been considering? Waiting until 1.4 comes out and pretending mcmmo breaks and removing it completely.

News flash, MCMMO IS WHATS CAUSING THIS LAG FUCKERS, WHICH IS WHY OUR HOST IS NOT THE SOLUTION OR THE PROBLEM

Evidence? I happen to have my own private server with hex, and guess what? I dont get lag because I hate mcmmo.

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2012, 06:55:40 pm »
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Fix the server? You want to know my solution for this lag? You REALLY want to know what I've been considering? Waiting until 1.4 comes out and pretending mcmmo breaks and removing it completely.

News flash, MCMMO IS WHATS CAUSING THIS LAG FUCKERS, WHICH IS WHY OUR HOST IS NOT THE SOLUTION OR THE PROBLEM

Evidence? I happen to have my own private server with hex, and guess what? I dont get lag because I hate mcmmo.

What the fuck is wrong with you? You couldn't have possibly put that in less dickish terms could you?

ArchieSalt

• Professor Assistant
  • Spelunking in Seafoam Islands
  • Friendliness: 25
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2012, 07:09:08 pm »

What the fuck is wrong with you? You couldn't have possibly put that in less dickish terms could you?
And another thing! If mcmmo is the cause of this lag (I doubt it), its obviously your version or configuration as no other servers using mcmmo (including AC server) encounter these problems, Also if you are going to blame the huge amount of stats as a reason, why do I get the same horrible lag when playing on the spare pokemon server which doesn't have any stats at all?

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2012, 07:26:39 pm »
I personally don't like McMMO either. 1ce can code a better thing with ModDamage... probobly
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2012, 07:42:54 pm »
Or... we could always reconsider... Heroes...

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2012, 07:44:50 pm »

There's Beastnode, and then you know you can look for yourself.
Oh wait.
So get off your lazy butt and try and fix the server.
(Yes, I still hate Hexacyanide with a passion and want him to burn in a fire)

That^ is what's wrong with me.
I have been putting this off because I don't want to cause a load of controversy and discussion but I have to finally express my frustration with our current host. Hexacyanide is a great guy and above that, Im sure that 1ce is right when he says he is very experienced and intelligent with hosting servers and websites as a whole. However there comes a time where we as a community have to draw the line. I've spoken with a LOT players about the insane lag spikes which frequently occur when playing on the server. I for one suffer incredibly badly. For example, on sunday night I was unable to talk or interact with the world, anything I did do would take effect minutes after I had done the action.
Some people will say that they don't experience lag to an extent where they feel the need for a new server host.
Well i'm going to draw the line and say that i've had enough. I love this server to bits and it kills me to not be able to play properly on it.
I share the same thoughts as many others including Miosio, Doomfollower, Ali, TA, Emolga, Soras, Aaronpieters666 etc.

We need a new host quickly. I beg of somebody to bring this huge issue up during the admin meeting as it is urgent for people like us.

Feel free to express your own experiences with this.

That too.

Think about this cycle.
BroHoster. We lag, we get a new host.
GSVerse. We lag, we get a new host.
QuadFiber. We left before they died. Why? Cuz we lagged, so we got a new host.
FragCorner. Why did we leave? We lagged. So we got a new host. (Edit, ok, we left because I was afraid they were going to crash and burn, my mistake.(oh and I was right (what a concept?) ) )

WHAT IF THE HOSTS ARENT THE PROBLEM? THINK ABOUT IT.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 07:55:54 pm by 1cec0ld »

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2012, 08:06:50 pm »

Uh, WHO's IDEA WAS IT TO GO TO HEX YOU wannabe SMARTFUCK