Author Topic: Where Did Your IGN Come From?  (Read 7907 times)

Tenebrae

• Sinnoh/Unova Head Builder
  • Professor
  • Fighting Agatha
  • Friendliness: 105
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate :D
    • Bandcamp
Where Did Your IGN Come From?
« on: December 04, 2012, 10:04:24 am »
So, as the title says, where did your Minecraft username come from? And what prompted you to choose that particular name? I'll update this with mine after I have a few replies :)

Ok. I chose my name because I once heard of this band called Carpe Tenebrum, and I liked the name because it was Latim, but I didn't want to be named after a band. I'd looked into the meaning of the band's name, which translated as Seize the Darkness, and thought darkness was nice. Tenebrae didn't look right by itself, and wanting to keep the name latin, I added maximus to the end, due to its meaning, and this I was born.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 05:41:59 am by tenebraemaximus »

Ad...

~Ali~

• Aussie
  • Surfing south to SeaFoam
  • Friendliness: 77
  • Always watching over.
Re: Where Did Your IGN Come From?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2012, 10:13:42 am »
So.... this was a awkward as fuck process. I went through coolkid, StarlightsAreFire and yes Ash_KetchumWinner3484 (Not even kidding, and don't you ask.) I know, fucking sad right? So I did this (I kid you not) hniosw. I facepalmed so hard, and locked my creepers away, when they tried to kill me in real life. So i put my name down, nothing more, nothing less.

a
l
i
_
a
b
d
i

ali_abdi (YAAAAAAAAAAAAY)

Enjoy Lovelies.

Memories, something a person will have forever.
ProfileYouTubeRedditPokeCommunityBlog

LilacLily

• PokeFan
  • Friendliness: -70
  • Dark dragon and proud of it bicsh
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 10:16:02 am »
It was the night of my birthday, October 16, 2009. It was abbout 8:00 pm. All my gifts had been put away, family had left. My dad suddenly called me over. I peeked at the screen. Minecraft.net was up. I gasped with joy; this was what I had wanted the most.

He asked me what my username was to be. Dread filled my body; I hadn't thought about it. My mind raced as I rapidly thought about and discarded names. Then, in the midst of it all, one name came to mind. I spoke it aloud. He typed it in.

And that's how I got my username.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 10:18:12 am by LilacLily »
Bacon is the ultimate solution to every problem.

ImStillDead

• Turning Bill into a human
  • Friendliness: 0
  • Mistakes were made! Spoooooooky
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 11:03:21 am »
Played too much portal and portal 2, typed in ImStillAlive but the name was used so well ImStillDead it is

Shane

• LimitedA
  • Fighting Lt. Surge
  • Friendliness: -584
  • вιт¢нєѕ вє тяιρριη! «3
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2012, 11:58:48 am »
Because ImJustPro is to mainstream,
and ImJustBauss isn't :)
му ιgη ιѕ: ιмנυѕтвαυѕѕ «3
ιм α ƒυ¢кιηg ѕqυιятℓє - ι нανє ѕєт тωσ ƒσяυм тяєη∂ѕ؟  - тнє ρσкє-ℓι¢к αναтαя! - тυмвℓя gιƒѕ

oddy

• Professor
  • Raiding Silph Co.
  • Friendliness: 32
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2012, 02:07:12 pm »
Back in my wow days my orignial char was oddyseus (Odysseus spelled correctly was taken) everyone referred to me as Oddy and that's what went by it was in all my chars names in some way for a while (Oddy, OddyTwo, oddysrogue ect.) when I came to mine raft Oddy was taken, stupid so I added to it oddyguy was born
Where's the fire? What's the hurry about? You better cool it off before you burn it out.

Okieskinny

• PokeFan
  • Cycling Road
  • Friendliness: 16
  • ◕ ‿ ◕ Always Watching
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2012, 02:58:06 pm »
My kittehs, Okie and MiMi (we call her Skinny, cause she used to way only 3 pounds).

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2012, 04:23:11 pm »
It was in 2008 that I created by name. Brawl had just come out, and my favorite series at the time was Mario because of Galaxy. My cousin one day at a family birthday was playing ROBLOX. I was very interested in it, so some time later, I got an account named Mariofighter3. After ROBLOX game my mini-laptop a virus and slowdown, I quit and then began work on Wiking.

As for MarioReborn, ShadowthKnight wanted me to play MapleStory, and somehow Mariofighter3 was taken. So, I had to come up with a name that sounded good. I then thought MarioReborn, and it stuck.

Z4X3R

• Raiding TeamRocket in Celadon
  • Friendliness: 0
  • we really out here
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 05:28:19 pm »
Ironically, my name was made when I first started playing Pokemon video games. I had been following the TCG for a while with one of my best friends. I was ecstatic when my parents agreed to buy me a Nintendo DS lite for... my birthday? I can't remember the occasion, but I believe my first game was Pearl or Leafgreen. Anyways, I was stumped at one of Oak's, or Elm's, or whatever tree professor's questions. I didn't know what to name my character. I was sitting for hours on my living room floor, camped by the charger, wondering what to do. As this age, the little things mattered very much to me, and I didn't want to generically list my name, Zac(Yes, my name is Zac.) Finally, the seemingly perfect name hit me. I could be Zaxer. I loved the name. For unknown reasons, it seemed to suite me perfectly. I've used it in every Pokemon game I've owned, every online game I've played; it's followed me throughout the years. Sometimes there have been variations, like Zaxer 2 on Xbox, or Z4X3R in minecraft, but I always stick to the original. I've adopted the nickname "Z4" on this server, as people seem to accept and prefer it. When I was first starting out, people would call me Z4 regardless of their ability to view my full IGN. Thus to save them some trouble, I asked for my nickname to be Z4. I've come to like its simplicity, although I have not forgotten its roots.

shishkabob97

• Turning Bill into a human
  • Friendliness: 5
  • POPCORN
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 05:31:10 pm »
because i like shishkabobs  :D :D
im too lazy too make one of these :/

1cec0ld

• Frozen Hearted Admin
  • Professor
  • Fighting Blaine
  • Friendliness: 94
  • Who am I to judge others?
  • Pokemon Team: Typhlosion, Espeon, Aerodactyl, Glalie, Jolteon, Mew the HM Slave
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 06:13:47 pm »
I needed an email for an alternate myspace account. So I was inspired by a person I met in Multiplayer Titan Quest, who had an email as [email protected] so I adopted l33t speak for my new account. I lived in Alaska and it was winter, so I decided on Ice Cold, l33tified. [email protected], [email protected] [email protected], just a buttload of alternate emails so I could make more myspace accounts and have more people in my app army. Then 1cec0ld stuck with me. *shrug* it fits me. Oh, and I thought the e looked retarded as a 3 so I didn't l33t that.

Prodigy39

• Professor
  • Friendliness: 18
  • Live your life the way you want to
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 07:04:23 pm »
Well, I love to read and I was reading this one book about a child prodigy about 3 years back. A little while after, I found Minecraft and bought it, forgetting I'd have to come up with a username. The first thing that came to mind was Prodigy, which was taken. Then I looked at the clock. It was 8:39. After I raged (because I see the number 39 EVERYWHERE) I just put 39 after Prodigy and my username was born. I'm looking back and I should've tried Prodigy_....
"Tene likes her men like squirrels like their acorns... Buried." -Me, inspired from adult swim
I approve

Mariofighter3

• PokeFan
  • Fighting Koga
  • Friendliness: -30
  • It Doesn't Matter.
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 07:05:35 pm »
Well, I love to read and I was reading this one book about a child prodigy about 3 years back. A little while after, I found Minecraft and bought it, forgetting I'd have to come up with a username. The first thing that came to mind was Prodigy, which was taken. Then I looked at the clock. It was 8:39. After I raged (because I see the number 39 EVERYWHERE) I just put 39 after Prodigy and my username was born. I'm looking back and I should've tried Prodigy_....

But then I wouldn't know the boy I know now...

synderfin

• 'Official MCForum Watcher'
  • PokeFan
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: 12
  • Om nom nom I'm a shark!
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 12:55:21 am »
When I was 11 I was at Snowbro's house and he was setting up a Runescape account for me (at the time it was what everyone in the class played). This was my first online game so when it asked what my username was going to be, I don't know. I was trying to think of something and then, for some reason, GameSharks crossed my mind. I must have been thinking about it because I had recently learnt what an Action Replay was and wanted something that I could use on my Gameboy Advanced. Anyway, from that I came up with Sharkfin but that was already taken so I just put my year of birth after it.
sharkfin1997
Formerly known as sharkfin1997/cynderfin
Only user who knows what 'ltns' means :/
Owner of SharkCo.
Sheriff of the Pewter Police
Donator
All regions builder
Fuchsia City Gym Leader
Official MC forum watcher
Favourite server quotes:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
Banner I made (Outdated):
Trainer card:

MasterAssassin82

• Idiot who bumps teh bump thread
  • Fighting Sabrina
  • Friendliness: -73
  • Sinnoh Head, Unova Builder, Hoenn Ex-Builder!
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2012, 01:16:32 am »
I like assassins creed..........

The username I use for things now is Ririke53 because its the first two letters of my first middle and last names put into a word, followed by my B-day. (month/day)